Saturday, August 30, 2014

Broken Dreams

I see her in my dreams
I see her afloat in the lake as her beauty gleams
She's all that's on my mind
She's all that I wanted to find

As I walk towards her radiance
As I squint my eyes due to her brilliance
She calls my name, catching my attention
She smiles at me, hooking me into a spiritual ascension

But the light around her begins to dim
But the life around me begins to look grim
I begin to lose my calmness
I begin to doubt life's promise

Everything changes in a flash, hitting me like a thunderbolt
Everything in my life and dreams is gone in a revolt
I begin to wonder the meaning of this animous change
I begin to wonder the meaning of this life being so strange

We are not promised anything in life
But we are promised some happiness and some strife

Make the best out of broken dreams
For when a ravine is blocked, there are always little streams

No comments:

Post a Comment