Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Wise Old Man

There once was a wise old man
Who was part of my family clan

He told me many lessons about life
He told me that I would face much strife

He told me that as the years go by
The more tears life will make you cry

He told me that love is not all what it seems to be
That love comes from within to be spread like branches on a tree

He told me that patience would be my greatest friend
That during trying times, it will help my broken spirit to mend

He told me that respect is something I will need to earn
But in order to earn, respect is something I must first learn

He told me that spiritual endurance will be my greatest armour
Against life's relentless army of fiery archers

He told me that happiness will come through giving
By giving another being happiness is life's greatest blessing

He told me that honour is of grand importance
For without honour, I will lose my spirit's true essence

He told me that forgiveness would be my greatest gift of all
For it will deviate me from vengeance and steer me clear from eternal downfall

There once was a wise old man who told me many things
He is no longer here with me, but his memories are truly my life's blessings...
http://cdn.cavemancircus.com//wp-content/uploads/images/2012/september/old_man.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment